How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
How many miles to rotate tires? Tires should typically get rotated at every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, or when the tire tread depth has reached 2/32 of an inch. You should consult your owner’s manual to get a more specific estimate for your model, and keep in mind that driving habits and road conditions will affect the length of your tire life in Sioux City. Follow our tire rotation guide below, and contact our friendly staff at the Land Rover Omaha | ONYX Automotive Service Center if you have any questions.
Is Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles Different?
For a front-wheel drive car, power is sent to the front tires which means they will wear faster, while in a rear-wheel drive car the power is sent to the rear tires, which will wear out the back tires faster. Keep these tire rotation tips in mind:
- FWD or RWD Tire rotation should happen 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- FWD tire rotation: When moving the rear tires to the front, the rear right tire will go on the front left, and the rear left tire will go on the front right. When moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- RWD tire rotation: Invert the process above–switch sides when moving the front tires to the back, and when moving the rear tires to the front, keep them on the same sides.
How Often Should You Rotate AWD Tires?
With all-wheel drive systems, each tire wears differently, and at different speeds. The general consensus is that AWD tires should be rotated every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Schedule service at Land Rover Omaha | ONYX Automotive when it’s time for your all-wheel drive tire rotation–our trained technicians can save you the hassle of rotating the tires yourself.
Why Rotate Tires?
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
- To prevent uneven wear which can shorten tire life
To be better prepared for hazardous weather around Dakota Dunes, make sure you rotate your tires during your routine maintenance plan to avoid flat tires, blowouts, and dangerous slipping and skidding on the roads.
Get Your Tire Advice From Land Rover Omaha | ONYX Automotive
When it’s time to rotate your tires or get new ones, rely on Land Rover Omaha | ONYX Automotive near Lincoln. If you have any question about the additional services we offer, contact our service center today! If it’s time to replace your vehicle and you’re worried about your credit, check our tips on how to finance a car with a bad credit score! You can also explore exciting automotive technologies with us, like Land Rover InControl® Apps™!